Sunday, January 24, 2021

Non-Sequitur Day

So, this is Tap's new thing: insisting we share my pillow at night.

Know how when films began having sound, they were called "talkies"?  "Movies," then, was the word for pictures that moved.  Which makes "movie" sort of a silly word, huh?

If you're keeping track of things that spook Tap on our walks, add "fluttering flag."

That online grocery shopping I talked about the other day saw me finding this:
Folded "eggs" made from plants.  They are very, very tasty, especially on fresh homemade bread.

Today, I've watched "My Sister Maria", a sad but loving documentary by Maria Schell's brother Maximilian.  I've been a fan of his for a long while, but didn't know much about her acting until I watched "Le Notti Bianche," in which I thought she was astounding.

If you haven't discovered the comic "Strange Planet," do yourself a favor and check it out.

I'm 60 years old and have heard a lot of euphemisms for menstruation.  This weekend, I heard a new one: "monthly maintenance."  I sorta like it.








 

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Tap can' t get close enough
I will check out Strange Planet

Tuesday Means Little Needles

And, in my case, sort of small projects.  Remember that big bird chart from a bit ago?  (Not a Big Bird chart;  that would be an altogether ...