Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Cause / Effect

Here is what I've discovered as the owner and user of a bread machine: your pantry and your refrigerator stay full.  This is because you --- okay, specifically non-kitchen-y me --- need to have staples like milk, flour (who knew there were so many types of flour?), eggs (so many eggs!), sugar, baking powder, and baking soda, along with fun add-ins like baking chips of many flavors, and extracts, and coconut, and seeds, and fruit.  And when you --- okay, me --- use curbside pick-up for your groceries, you --- okay, me --- feel a little silly placing an order just for milk and bread flour, so you use the store app and you scroll and you see interesting things and you buy SO much that you have trouble finding places for it all.

But, warm, fresh bread is very, very good. 

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

But just think of all the fun things you are discovering!

kathy b said...

We try to go without until we are forced to make a list and order and pick up. Ridiculous I know. We are at that point now. So cereal for dinner for me. Leftovers for Fireman

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.