Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Latest News

I've had my first one degree of separation experience with COVID-19.  I found out today that an online knitting friend has been sick for a while.  Then I learned that the father of a friend since high school died last night of COVID complications.  Please think of both of them if you would, please.

My plumbing problem finally got solved today.  I tried all day yesterday to handle it myself, but nothing was working.  It turned out that roots from a couple of holly bushes had caused a blockage.  I am definitely going to have to get someone here to pull the bushes out completely, and I might need to get a length of pipe replaced.  The plumber did say that things should be okay or "a while," so there's no special rush.


Now that that's taken care of, the week feels free and wide open.  I'm still embroidering, but am sooo close to having everything finished.  If I can remember to, I'll take pictures of the projects and post them once they're received.  


2 comments:

kathy b said...

Im so very sorry Kim. I will keep them and you in my prayers. As this disease increases its reach, I think we are all beginning to hear of those we know. My husbands father in law is in his 90s, has covid, took a turn and is now hospice. No matter when we lose them, losing a beloved parent is hard.

Kim in Oregon said...

ROOTS! I hate the roots.
Warm energy for your friends and their families. I've had so many one degrees I can't even count any longer.

First Nose, Then Fish

As cute as the entire piece is, I doubt that any part of the Starry Night Bunny will enchant me more than this single stitch in peach: Look ...