Thursday, December 17, 2020

Boxing Day

Several days in a row this week, Tap and I have been weather-ed out of walks.  We took one today, but it was cold.  This from me, lover and craver of Winter.  Those of you in the Northeast, I envy your snow and hope I have an opportunity to take Tap out into a snowfall someday.

I have an obsessive need to give Hannah and Briton the same number of presents each Christmas.  This year, my method is this:


I'm putting their gifts in separate boxes.  We'll be carrying them into Hannah's place, so boxes are where everything would wind up anyway.  

By the way, I've always been a fan of matryoshka present packing.  Put a little gift in increasingly larger boxes so that, say, a watch might wind up inside a boots box.  It makes guessing what any given package might be a real chore.

Do you have any wrapping "tricks"?





 

3 comments:

kathy b said...

I am the world
s worst wrapper. > Whats worse/ I don't care!!! When I get a package that is beautifully wrapped, I really admire it! I have no tips. I wrapped a gift yesterday, and the paper didn't quite cover the gift box....oh well. He won't care. Aren't I awful?

kayT said...

I never heard the word matryoshka but my dad gave my mom her engagement ring that way, with his sisters' help. He had five sisters so he hardly ever got to do things his own way, I think. But he said he did enjoy the look on my mom's face when, as she was expecting a diamond ring, they handed her this giant box. I have always loved this story.

Kim in Oregon said...

Ideas for The Sock and the Santa (Briton can perform this whenever we finish it).
1. The Sock only wants its mate for Christmas, Santa tries to find it.
2. Santa loses a sock. Needs it or no Christmas. This might be a musical.
3. Mrs. Claus gets mad at Santa and socks him.
4. One year Santa decides that the best child gets the sock. How does he decide?
5. One year Santa decides that the worst child gets the sock. How does he decide?
6. Something related to something like Dobby but isn't Dobby because stealing.

Here's My Decision

 That slub yarn I posted?  I've decided what to do with it.  Thank you, Noro Magazine. I realize it's just a long loop of a scarf, b...