Monday, September 14, 2020

Catch-Up

I've been really sleepy lately.  Not tired --- sleepy.  I don't know why;  I'm getting several hours of sleep each night.  I can be just sitting, and start to feel my body feeling heavy, my shoulders start to push down.  It's that weary kind of weight, and I don't know what's causing it.


COVID cases here continue to climb: 800+ new cases three weeks ago, 900+ new cases two weeks ago, 1000+ new cases last week.  My dentist appointment is tomorrow, but I'm not concerned with their safety measures.  What stops me a bit is what happens after the dentist.  I'll be out and dressed --- should I do something while I am out?  There's no real cabin fever, it's that a stroll around Barnes & Noble (the town's independent bookstore isn't open for browsing) sounds nice.  Maybe Jo-Ann.  Masked, of course.

There's been lots of reading going on here.  The last half dozen or so books that I've decided to read have been thin and went quickly.  I've also watched the first season of "The Umbrella Academy" (not great, but good enough for me to finish the season and make a plan to watch the second) and all of "The Haunting of Hill House" (very good --- I wish I'd taken Hannah's long-ago advice to watch it.)  Right this minute, I'm watching "I Confess," a movie I learned about when I read a biography of Montgomery Clift.
The first time I saw Clift was in "Judgment at Nuremberg," which was after his horrendous car accident.  For the longest time, I had no idea that that wasn't what he looked like.  He was quite glorious-looking   And if you haven't seen his work in "Nuremberg," look it up.  It's amazing.


 

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Your body is needing to rest. Im so glad you are listening to it!!

kayT said...

Everyone I know is feeling sleepy at odd times; I think it's reaction to stress, myself. Since I am retired I can just give in to it and nap, and I do. I hope you do too.

Kim is Frustrated

My regular lawn guy usually starts service in April.  For a reason he explained to me quite poorly, he wasn't going to start until "...