Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Just Stuff

I can't crochet anything but a chain, but seeing things like this make me wish I could.
This is from Willow Yarns --- I got the catalog today.  Very bulky yarn, made with a size 19 crochet hook.  Knowing what a 19 knitting needle looks like, I can only imagine a hook.

I'm still plugging away on books, and on my second or third pass on my jigsaw puzzles.  Watching movies, too.  Old, old, old Boris Karloff ("The Dark Old House"), black and white Frank Sinatra ("Suddenly"), vintage Gregory Peck ("Mirage"), a re-watch I'd been planning to get to ("Fitzcarraldo").  

Covid cases in Athens have tripled in the last three weeks.  School is starting tomorrow in a county right next door (as in less than a mile away from this house.)  It's been forever since I've left the house, so I don't know what things are like "out there."  School here has been delayed until after Labor Day, and UGA is scheduled to get back into session on August 20th, though lots and lots of faculty and staff are not happy with the "plan" UGA has in place.  It's a mess all around.



2 comments:

kathy b said...

I am glad you have isolated and will continue to!!!! it seems it is only getting worse here, In Wisconsin. Many people still REFUSING and PROUD to be Refusing to wear masks. Ugh. Such a small thing to ask of people.

Mereknits said...

Glad you are staying safe. We are supposedly opening schools here on the 24th of this month. I am not happy especially as I just read an article about how the health department in Florida has been asked s=to suppress information so it looks like it is safe to open schools. It isn't.

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.