Wednesday, June 17, 2020

What A Long, Strange Day It's Been

Today is Hannah's birthday, but she told me the last time we saw each other that she didn't want to acknowledge it much.  She says enough bad things have happened to her in June that they sort of drown out her birthday.  We agreed, therefore, to let the day slide by without much to-do.

It has been a strange day, knowing it's her birthday but not being able to celebrate.  It isn't about me, though.  I just hope good, happy things happened to her today.  That she had reasons to smile and laugh.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I hope her day was at least OK to her.
Of course. I'm of the belief that if things are bad,
you find a way to celebrate something good.

But I know what you mean. I hope things will
look up for her, she deserves it.

Kim in Oregon said...

We felt the same way about our anniversary (which we share with Hannah's birthday). IT's a weird time.

kathy b said...

I hope she wants to celebrate her birthday next year.

Thrills are Sometimes Small

 Y'aaaall.  I got some Christmas crafting paper today and  my nails are nice and long. It's a nice day.