Monday, June 22, 2020

Stop and Start

Well, I finished the garter stitch sweater.
If only I could wear it somewhere other than inside an air-conditioned building.

On weather, we've been having those delicious late afternoon dark, rumbly rain showers lately.  The cats hide, but I love them.

I've been doing a lot of reading, thinking, writing lately.  I'm trying to figure a lot of things out, and figure out my place in them.  Invariably, my best insight comes as I'm falling asleep, so I have to hope my memory serves during the day.


3 comments:

Bridget said...

You'll be glad to have it in the fall, though. I love the color especially!

kathy b said...

Kim , I could NEVER do that much garter. That sweater is just great! There is a good part of Jen Hatmakers book , Fierce, Free, and Full of life , that discusses how some of us need to do big things in life and some need to do small things in life. No life is better than the other. " More is not always better. We can't all be Oprah. As she writes, "Modest Women occupy humble spaces supporting their people in ways hidden to the watching eye but run deep as the ocean in their actual lives.' I love that. Do you like to go to counseling? Group work? Workbooks? Good luck. You are wise to evaluate your thoughts, your plans, your life. Most people don't want to do this difficult work. Some of us really have to. Good luck. We are here on your journey

Mereknits said...

It is so beautiful. I think it is hard to do a whole sweater in garter stitch as my rows never seem to be even. You will love it this Fall. Enjoy.

Thrills are Sometimes Small

 Y'aaaall.  I got some Christmas crafting paper today and  my nails are nice and long. It's a nice day.