Thursday, January 23, 2020

So

I finally blocked my Craftvent shawl.

I hit 60 in a couple of weeks, and have begun sharply feeling my age.  Not physically, but emotionally.  Mentally.

DisneyPlus* has given me the ability to watch movies I missed after my children "grew out of them," or that I haven't seen in forever.  So far, my "favorites" have been "Big Hero 6" and "The Princess and The Frog."

Like Twinnie Dear, I'm on a wrap roll, making another Wingspan in this

Drea's Shawl in the now-defunct Gnome Acres (I miss them) colorways Luna Lovegood
and Eggs, which is a yellow and white colorway that I cannot find a picture of.

This wrap from Sublime

in this yarn from Sublime.
The yarn is a linen/cotton blend, and kind of stiff.  I see a good, thorough soak in its future.









*

1 comment:

kathy b said...

OH I love your colors. I too , have no little ones to teach me about new Disney movies! I will take only your top 3. I did not like the Lion King Remake...I did like the Jungle Book Remake. I loved the Day of the Dead movie....um..forgot the name.
Im looking forward to throwing myself a big party for my 60th. Two of my dearest friends have already done so! I never thought of throwing my own party, but I like what they did. One had hers at a cool LA glass blowing place! I'm thinking, the barn of course.
I love your patterns. Darn if that one shawl i love is :#1 not available and all garter. Happy new knits

Did You Know

That the word for "fear of clowns" is "coulrophobia?"  This is relevant, as in DON'T go farther into this post if yo...