Saturday, December 14, 2019

So This Would Be the Second Day, Then?

At Christmastime,  I like to shop at stores I don't usually go to, to look for things I don't usually see.  Yesterday, one of the stores I visited was Bealls Outlet, where there was a good selection of toys and books for my Toys for Tots donation.  Also found this,
which is now on my bedroom door.  It's a good companion piece to the horse-head-shaped greenery on the front door.

Bealls is in the same shopping center as Barnes & Noble, which is my go-to store when I'm uninspired by others.  All the people I have to buy gifts for can be made happy with something there.  I bought myself the Winter 2019 issue of "KnitSimple," which has some great patterns for things with hoods.
Rosemary Drysdale's Zippered Hoodie.

Laura Zukaite's Pullover Hoodie
and
her Hoodie Shell

I'm a big fan of hoods, so these may all be in my knitting future.


2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I too am a big fan of hoods, of course.

kathy b said...

Oh very nice find in the Knit section! We don't have a nearby bookstore!

What to Do, What to Do

A new hank of fingering weight from a new source,   Barnyard Knits .  You know I love a slub.* It's too pretty to use for socks, which w...