Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Skip If You Follow Me on Facebook

Yesterday, I did a bit of driving around in the country, and at one point, came across a funeral procession.  It was pulling out of the funeral home up the road as I pulled over, so it took me a couple of minutes to realize what was at the lead.  A horse-drawn hearse.

It was a chilly, wet day, already quiet because of that and being out of the city.  The clopping of the horses' hooves was clear and grand and somber.  It was a long way from the funeral home to the cemetery, 
and the procession had to go all way around the grounds to the gravesite on the right there.  As I said on Facebook, it was one of the most beautiful, chill-bump-inducing and moving things I've ever witnessed.

No comments:

What to Do, What to Do

A new hank of fingering weight from a new source,   Barnyard Knits .  You know I love a slub.* It's too pretty to use for socks, which w...