Friday, November 15, 2019

'Round Here

The HVAC man had to come to the house twice yesterday before the heat was repaired.  I had to put on two sweatshirts and three pairs of socks to stay warm in between.  I took knit blankets to Madeleine and Riley to curl up in.  Tap stayed piled almost on top of me the entire time.  

Thankfully, all that was dealt with yesterday, as today has been wet and sort of messy.  The heater is in the crawlspace under the house, and I don't like putting people through stuff like that.  I won't order food for delivery if the weather's iffy, because I don't want the delivery people to have to get out in bad weather.  Growing up, I always argued against my parents and me going out to eat on Thanksgiving because it wasn't fair to make restaurant staff work on a holiday.

Knitwise, some of you may remember that quite a while back, one of my cousins sent me an in-progress sweater from one of her friends and asked me to finish it.  It had been begun by the friend's mother before she died, and the friend wanted the sweater completed.  I wasn't able to finish it because I ran out of yarn, and discovered that the yarn the mom had been using had been discontinued.  Evidently, the friend found more yarn, and Dixie (my cousin) asked me to take it on once again, so I'm working on that now.  Because of two people working on it at vastly different times, and the issue of the discontinued yarn, the back of the sweater will have a contrasting ribbing, while the sleeves and the front will not.  Again, let's call that "a design element."  Perhaps even a "new trend" in knitting?

No comments:

Kim is Frustrated

My regular lawn guy usually starts service in April.  For a reason he explained to me quite poorly, he wasn't going to start until "...