Saturday, September 7, 2019

Realization

Somehow, I've managed to wind up with three different shawls on my needles.  All are patterns from Lion Brand:

The Easy Half-Circle Shawl in a light blue yarn.  That's about all I can tell you about it, as both hanks which I have are tagless.  I had actually cast on for two different scarves with the yarn, but neither went well. 

The V Shawl, which I'm making with Caron Simply Soft in gray heather:
I'm rather in love with this yarn.  It is so very soft, and is the nubby tweed that makes me happy.

Finally, the Perfectly Simple Rectangle Shawl, which is --- obviously --- just a long rectangle.  I'm going back to my "let the yarn do the work" philosophy by using Shawl in a Bsll in blue:
I like boucle' yarn, but, man, you can NOT let it get tangled.

All three got lots of time today as I watched college football.  (Still watching it, to be honest.)  Football is the best sport to knit to.  NASCAR is really good, too.  Hockey?  Uh-uh.  Basketball and baseball are also out, though I don't watch them anymore.  Tomorrow, there are football games and a NASCAR race, so all the shawls should continue to grow.

No comments:

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.