Monday, September 9, 2019

Meditation

So, someone close to me is expecting.  While I am happy that she and her partner are happy, I must say she is very brave.  I would not bring a child into this world as it is.  I'm scared for my children, and they are in and near their 30s.

I once read that children are God's way of letting us know that the world should go on.  If anyone is equipped and willing to fight for improving the world for their child, it is this couple.  Yet even as I make tiny, soft things for them, I worry for the baby and what the world it will enter is, or isn't.

2 comments:

kathy b said...

I have seen some amazing things by my kids' generation. I believe they will have better moments and bigger inventions and that they will be more than survivors , they will be comforters and creators. My mother in law used to shake her head and say she was glad her parenting days were behind her. I did not like the trajectory of her thoughts. I promised myself then, that my babies would know that I think the world is better for their generation . I think of all those who sacrificed in the Gulf War, I think of the CHILDREN on the 9/11 Fire and Police, who are themselves tomorrow, becoming police and fire of 2019. 18 years after their families were ripped apart. I think of my kids' friends. They ride in helicopters and pound life into the veins of patients who are on the brink of death. They coordinate teaching around the world because of the internet. They drive to earthquake stricken towns that need basic food, water and supplies, and they give to strangers in need. I think of my friends son, an alcoholic who at 23 is now An AA sponsor. I think of a girl I know who was in a bad way with addiction 10 years ago and she is clean and kind and was given a second chance at life and she has more than made up for her actions. I have hope. I want to tell them to have hope.

Bridget said...

I know exactly how you feel. That's all I'll say, since my feelings on this tend to be very unpopular. But I appreciate your post.

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.