Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Off the Needles

Thank you for responding to my B-I-N-G-O quandary.  I'm plowing ahead with The Library Book, which is quite compelling.

I finished my striped shawlette.
 It isn't much bigger than a shrug.  It may be a bit hard to keep on, but that means I can pull out brooches or pins when I wear it.  Rolled collars always appeal to me, and this one has an added bonus of having an eyelet detail.

Also finished and blocked is the My Friend Gloria:
I'm sincerely super-fond of this colorway.  The constant adding of stitches on each end of each row led to some puckering, which I have decided to call "ruching" and introduce as a "design element."

In amidst everything, I also made a shawl from Knitting Short Rows, which has pretty and interesting patterns.  I'll try to get a picture of it here before long.

Otherwise, I'm knitting myself dishcloths.  A few days ago, I realized my supply of kitchen linens was thinning, and what gives more instant knitting satisfaction than dishcloths?

Also, it's bloody hot here.

You?

5 comments:

Dee said...

Bloody hot here too and going to get MUCH worse. My The Coziest Memory Blanket is quite small. So that is what I am working on this week.

Bridget said...

Oh I like your projects - the colors are great! I really need to knit some dishcloths too, ours are especially sad looking these days. It's too hot to live, in my opinion.

Kim in Oregon said...

I think I need to knit dishcloths. I like short rows so will go find that book.

kathy b said...

Oh dishcloths are the BEST! Your shawl is beautiful!!!! Its hot here. Im not complaining. I love SUMMER! Even at the barn today, the horses were hot, we were hot, but the arena has a/c and it was so welcome!

kmkat said...

Re: dishcloths. Our house is 68˚ in winter and 72˚ in summer. Dishcloths get stinky within hours in summer, but not for several days in winter. How can a difference of only 4˚ make such a difference in mildewing time? Inquiring mind wants to know...

One

One video.