Thursday, December 6, 2018

Judgment

I side with Twinnie on the adjustable straight needles.  They could easily be made from a pair of circulars you already have.  My suspicion is that they're for "those" knitters who sit around the table at yarn shops and "casually" pull ridiculous and ridiculously expensive things out of their bags when they're sure everyone is watching. (And there's enough quiet for all their bracelets to jangle.)

Bitter?  Oh, a tad.  There was a yarn shop less than five miles from my parents' house in Tennessee that was no fun to go into whatsoever.  Judgy in the extreme.  If you have a good yarn shop with good, accepting, helpful people, thank your stars.

If those bookshelves spoken of yesterday ever do appear, there should be new books to put in them, wouldn't you say?  Today's entry on my list:


1 comment:

kathy b said...

I have been blessed with a great yarn shop here in Wisconsin . No judgement. I just need to get my butt over there soon. Wednesday drops ins are so fun and I've not been in months. I NEED to go

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...