Saturday, August 11, 2018

Who Am I?

One night this week, via Plated, I made myself fish tacos.  Another night, also via Plated, I made a peach and raspberry cobbler.  I am not a cook.

Today, I put this little bugger together.  I'm not all that handy.
The brass umbrella stand that my father kept his collection of canes and walking sticks in finally gave up the ghost after 20+ years in my parents' house and 8 years here.
That extra-long walking stick in the middle actually belonged to my husband;  I gave it to him when he got a little too weak to walk steadily.  Second from the left is Daddy's rattlesnake cane.  Yep, a full rattlesnake pulled over a cane.  The black cane there under Mona Lisa is 
Dr. House's flame cane.

I won it in an online auction.  It is signed by Mr. Laurie:

In that last photo, there's Daddy's canes, Daddy's chair, the Tennessee Titans pillow my mother made for Daddy, and a framed picture of Hannah, Briton, Daddy, and Mama at the Tennessee Aquarium.  One of my favorites.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

How lovely to save the canes!!!!!!! I dont like the hospital metal industrialized canes. If I ever need one I'm getting apretty wooden one. I love the family hugs that are surrounding this post KIM!!

What I Heard

For (probably) longer than I should have, I thought that piece of furniture was a "chester drawers." I once went bed frame shoppin...