Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Viridian Wrap

The latest Willow Yarns catalog arrived today, and inside the front cover was this:
My immediate reaction was, "Cool!"  Anything out of the ordinary, off the axis, different from "regular" always appeals to me.  The more I looked at it, though, it lost almost all its appeal.  First of all, it would be the devil to get on.  You can't use your left arm much because the whole thing would hike up.  Your right arm, reaching over, would pull up on that side.  And, let's face it, not that many of us have, or want to call, someone to help us dress.

Then, though, its biggest drawback hit me.  What if you wanted to take it off when you got wherever it is you're going?  I don't see getting out of it smoothly and suavely.  Tug on it to get it "unlaced," figure out how to drape it elegantly across your chair, only to realize you'll have to put it on all over again.  The other option is to never take it off, meaning you're trapped in this cocoon with very little mobility, especially your arms.  Not only do you have to have someone help you dress, someone will have to feed you, too!

Soooooo, not so cool after all.

2 comments:

kathy b said...

OH but it fooled me at first too. WOWZA. Maybe someone will modify it for a cowl. I like the pull through idea a lot. Hmmmmm, who could we stick this project to?

Unknown said...

I was just looking at it and I think it doesn't go all the way down at the side or back, looks like a triangle with the end threaded. If you take a closer look, it appears the tail is what threads through, which would leave the left arm open and available and you could just slide it off over your head...you wouldn't have to unthread it, which I would think would stretch out the knitting....tempted to get the pattern and try it :-) I'll let you know if I do....

More Than Enough

So, you're watching something online, and it breaks for commercial, and next to the little countdown clock is the message "Send to ...