Thursday, February 9, 2017

Just Some Stuff, Pretty Much

The Debbie Bliss yarn remains divine.  It's going to be hard to turn it into something;  it's just wonderful the way it is.

Some hard rain passed through here the night before last.  I used the opportunity to read and have some tea.
I'm a teacup snob.  Interesting, pretty, unusual cups make tea taste better, I find.

The "cat hats" I'm selling in my etsy shop have raised over $200 so far.  For some reason, that stuns me.  In a very good way, mind you, but it stuns me.  The hats there are in colors other than pink, for variety.  Pinks will be there, too, though.

In other e-commerce news, Sephora has evidently joined Amazon in the Ridiculously Packaged Items Club:

In today's mail, I got a notice that I have been selected as a "prospective" juror in US District Court.  I had to fill out a questionnaire, and I may or may not be chosen, yada yada.  I've been called for plain ol' jury duty three times.  The first time, I had just had Briton.  The second time, I had just had Hannah.  The third time, I went downtown and, most of the morning, sat beside a former colleague of Dale's.  She had been nothing but a backstabber when they worked together --- even when he was desperately ill, so I wasn't thrilled to be next to her.  But she made all phony-nice, and I have never wished for some knitting to do or a book to read more in my life.  Neither of us made it onto the panel, and she was dismissed before me.  At least I didn't have to walk with her to our cars. . .

Do you have any jury experience?





4 comments:

camille said...

None for me yet- I was also summoned after each baby and dismissed.

Bridget said...

I've been called for jury duty lots of times, and made it on to panels, but the only time I was chosen was in DC, on a Federal jury for a Federal drug case.

Tim has been on a couple of juries, most recently a murder case. Oy.

kathy b said...

Great return on the hats! Keep it up. RIde the wave!!! Know that it is a big help and many want to join in with the hats! GOOD FOR YOU.
As for JD, I've been called a few times. Never got to the one on one interview part. One of the best parts about moving here is getting away from the dreaded mail with a jury summons for the city of Chicago. THey always wanted us at the WORST courthouse with horrible parking and dangerous high crime neighborhoods. I lived in dread of that piece of mail. I would be okay with serving here in farm land.

Vera said...

I receive the notice every 18 months or so, but around here you have to check on-line or call the day/night before...so far I've never had to show up at the court...now I've most likely jinxed myself.

Tuesday Means Little Needles

And, in my case, sort of small projects.  Remember that big bird chart from a bit ago?  (Not a Big Bird chart;  that would be an altogether ...