Sunday, January 15, 2017

So You Know

If you follow me on Facebook, you know my political leaning.  I usually don't get into too much here, because, I suppose, Facebook allows me to vent.  There are some things I have to say here, though, mostly to explain why my posts have been so irregular lately.

If you supported/voted for Donald Trump, I am glad you found someone who gave voice to your concerns.  I hope his administration does things that make your life, and the lives of those you care about, better.  Truly.  

Personally, I am scared almost to paralysis about what might be happening in/to this country.  I have spent most of the last week, week and a half, alternately trying not to think about what is coming, and writing to, calling, and engaging with anyone I think might be able to make a difference.  So, I haven't blogged.  I've knit, I've read, I've watched movies, I've worn my activist hat.  You haven't missed anything.  Promise.

3 comments:

Lora said...

I've been practically apoplectic the past few weeks. The last few days of this past week I only looked at FB once each day and I was amazed at how much less anxiety I felt. I'm thrilled that so many people I know are taking action but in many cases the constant posting about the Tangerine Nightmare's latest show of idiocy/immaturity is wearing on me. Seeing the articles only once a day instead of all the time has helped my anxiety level immensely.

kmkat said...

I'm with you. It is too scary to think about much.

Bridget said...

You and me both. I'm trying to think of as many things to do that are positive and helpful as possible.

What I Heard

For (probably) longer than I should have, I thought that piece of furniture was a "chester drawers." I once went bed frame shoppin...