Sunday, September 18, 2016

Confession(s)

Hi.  I'm Kim, and I can't use a yarn swift or a ball winder.

*Hi, Kim.*

The swift will collapse, or the yarn feeding to the winder gets tangled underneath the wheel. . .  It's emabarrassing.  I'm so envious of the people who work in yarn shops, who can just pop the yarn onto the swift (with the starting point always on the outside) and wind a perfect yarncake without stopping.

````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hi.  I'm Kim, and I used to be a garter stitch snob.

*Hi, Kim.*

Garter stitch always looked "rough" and "unrefined" to me.  I didn't need fancy pants cables or something to impress me, though.  Now, I've come to appreciate the ease of garter.  It means all you have to do is sit and knit, knit, knit.  Too, designers are stepping up their garter game.  I'm working on this scarf right now
in these colors



1 comment:

Bridget said...

I used to hate it at Rosie's when I'd have to wind yarn. Inevitably, the yarn would be tangled, knotted, or some other thing that made it impossibly to just put onto the swift and wind ...

Like you, I'm thinking garter stitch deserves love. I can't wait to see your version!

Tuesday Means Little Needles

And, in my case, sort of small projects.  Remember that big bird chart from a bit ago?  (Not a Big Bird chart;  that would be an altogether ...