Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Ten on Tuesday

This ToT is right in my wheelhouse, and looking at my friends' lists has been so much fun!  We've been asked to list ten of the albums we can listen to start to finish.  No skipping songs allowed.

1.  Main Course --- Bee Gees
My be-all and end-all album.

2.  Go For Broke --- Ian Matthews
I had never heard of him, but read a review of this album in Rolling Stone, and wanted to give it a chance.  I've gotten everything he's made since.

3.  Keeper of the Flame --- Delbert McClinton
Ah, Delbert.  You couln't have gotten any closer to perfection.

4.  Here at Last, Bee Gees Live
'Cause it's the Bee Gees.  And they're live.

5.  Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town --- Emmylou Harris
Some of her best vocal work on some genius lyrics.

6.  Graceland --- Paul Simon
The beats are good, and Ladysmith Black Mambazo a wonder, but the words to the songs are absolutely remarkable.

7.  A Wild and Crazy Guy --- Steve Martin
Still funny.  One of the best nights of my life was seeing him in person on this tour.

8.  Prisoner in Disguise --- Linda Ronstadt
If I could have anyone's singing voice, it would be hers.  And it does magic things on this record.

9.  EB 84 --- Everly Brothers
Speaking of voices. . .  I could put "The First in Line" on infinite replay.

10.  Backless --- Eric Clapton
It was hard to know which Clapton album to go with.  I almost went with No Reason to Cry, but this is better beginning to end.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Okay I have to try Ian Matthews now!
I love the Bee Gees and Paul Simons graceland too! May I say you have great taste? Saw Steve Martin in the 80s do routines at an outdoor theatre. It was so funny. SO funny. Love him.

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...