Monday, August 3, 2015

There's Always Paperwork

Getting things together for KH and KC: index cards for recording nominators and nominees,  cutting slips of paper bound for the Fedora of Fate, each nominee's name written on one.  Writing is the worst thing for me to do with my dead fingers, and there's a lot of writing to do.  Fortunately, none of it has to be seen by anyone but me, so it all works out.

I'm knitting again, though it's kind of painful, too, and I've chosen probably the worst yarn to work with:
But, I got the urge to make mitred cotton squares for a blanket.  I made one a few years ago, and, for some reason, the fever returned.  Ultimately, it will look a little like this:
The pattern is from Mason-Dixon Knitting's first book.  I forget how I finished the edging on the first one;  probably single-crocheted all around the edges.

If you look into the background of my photo, you can see a table covered with yarns from Camille.  I have finished unpacking the box, and there are some gorgeous colors and textures;  the winners are going to be so spoiled.

Still taking care of Klunk and Wooper.  They'll be with me through the weekend.  This is how Klunk spends pretty much all of his time:
Yes, it's 100 degrees outside, and he stays wrapped up in fleece blankets.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

In spite of his "computer work," I think Klunk is adorable.

I'm getting blanket fever too, though I haven't decided on a pattern yet ...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh......Klunk is ADORABLE!

kathy b said...

I love the name KLUNK. Sounds for names is a great idea .. For foster kittens at the shelter!! I cant wait for the contest!!!

One

One video.