Thursday, October 23, 2014

Wrapping Up the Tasting

The yarn tasting was a nice way to spend a couple of hours.  There were nine of us there (well, ten, if you count 4-month-old Ethan.)  We were given samples of nine different yarns.  We could choose our own colors for the most part.  I got:
Frog Tree Pediboo Worsted

Madeline Tosh Merino Light (probably my favorite, both in terms of color and softness)


Dream In Color Classy Worsted (fantastic colors and color names in this line)

         Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes

          Louet Euroflax Sport  (Hannah wants a tunic out of this.  I find it sticky and stiff --- have any of you ever made a garment out of it?)

Spud and Chloe Sweater

Juniper Moon Findley (pretty color, but laceweight isn't my thing)

         
Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock (this is also wonderfully squishy)

Malabrigo Rios

There was also a raffle, where I won more Spud & Chloe:


Maybe the best experience for me, though, was bottle-feeding Ethan so that his mom could do some knitting.  After having celebrated Briton's 26th birthday the day before, spending time with an infant was quite nice.

1 comment:

kmkat said...

Oh, the yarn... it calls to me!

::runs away, remembering her stash is well into S.A.B.L.E. territory::

One

One video.