Saturday, October 18, 2014

Jealous?

It would seem that Elizabeth II couldn't deal with us giving Dame Maggie Smith a title, so she had to give her one, too.  The Dame is now a member of the Order of Companions of Honour.

Really, Your Highness, must you be petty?

And look at our Maggie --- isn't she lovely?  And (as my mother would surely have pointed out) what magnificent posture.

Got Hannah to her test on time this morning.  She seemed good then, and when I talked to her a little while ago, she said she felt good about it.  It'll be a few days before the results come in.

I took lots of back roads returning to Athens;  just trying to enjoy the early-Saturday-morning lack of traffic, and the changing leaves.  Northeast Georgia is mostly pines, but every little while you'll come across some some trees with color.


2 comments:

kathy b said...

aww so glad you got out on the ROAD again.....its the best time to drive eh?

teabird said...

I was leaf-peeping a little this afternoon - plenty to see on the island! Also finished assembling my swap package... but I think I'll wait a few days before I send it. Maybe something else will want to leap in.

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...