Friday, July 19, 2013

Itch. And Quandries.

Knitters --- probably all crafters --- know the feeling of just aching to have a project in your hands.  It almost takes away your ability to think about anything else.  You simply want to make something.

I've got that same itch right now for books.  Thinking near-constantly about how books feel, the rustle of the pages, the places you're sent to. . .  I went to Barnes & Noble today to buy a magazine and walked out with 3 new books.  I could not help myself.

And, yes, I am currently reading one*, and, yes, I have both an armoire and a bedchest already crammed full of books.  But it's a fever, I tell you.  A fever that must be fed.

Occasionally, thoughts of the not-too-far-away Knitters' Hunk and Knitters' Chick contests float by, and I realize I'm having a devil of a time coming up with my three nominees for each.  Gotta work on that.




*Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore, a gem of a writer.


1 comment:

kathy b said...

Hey Im delighted you are finding pleasure in reading..in anything. That is a wonderful SIGN!!! You are getting better dear one. Im reading a cookie book...seriously.

One

One video.