Friday, February 10, 2012

Well, It IS A Plan

Today is reserved for sleeping all day.  I decided yesterday that that would be my best course of action.  Any periods of wakefulness would be spent on the computer, or knitting, or just waiting to fall back asleep.

My other plan involves reading.  I'm almost done with a delightful book called The Elegance of the Hedgehog, and was thinking about what to read next.  I came up with the idea of going to the library or bookstore and, starting with authors' names that start with "A,' just working my way along the shelves until I found something that looked interesting.  I wound up with Eight White Nights by Andre' Aciman.  You can read a synopsis here.  I'm not sure how long I'll stay with this plan, considering how many unread books we have around here, but it seems kind of fun.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Knitting isn't going very well --- I can't keep up with stitch counts or patterns.  Don't know if it's due to the medicine changes (yes, again) or plain disinterest in the projects I'm choosing.  Either way, it won't matter much today.  Did I mention I was going to sleep as much as possible?


2 comments:

Carrie K said...

Rest up for the big day Sunday!

That's the way I like to pick out books the best, cruising shelves. I hardly ever, anymore.

My current theory on knitting? Fail faster. If I can't pick it up easily, or follow the directions or dislike something, I'm moving on.

feresaknit said...

So hope you managed a good amount of napping - I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep myself. Seems to make things better! xx

Tuesday Means Little Needles

And, in my case, sort of small projects.  Remember that big bird chart from a bit ago?  (Not a Big Bird chart;  that would be an altogether ...