Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Straight Up

Of all the (insert all kinds of negative adjectives here) things that have happened to me in the last year, year and a half, one of the oddest is going on right now.

I can't knit.

Of course, I can knit and I can purl, but I cannot knit.  I've tried socks, shawls, hats, socks again, and I lose count, I drop stitches, I can't follow a pattern, I forget where I am in a pattern. . .  It is driving me crazy.  My depression is as bad as ever, and one of the handful of things that could ease some of the pressure has abandoned me.

I don't even look for jobs anymore.  I'm assuming there's still nothing out there, but even if someone offered me something right this minute, I couldn't do it.  I'm in no shape.

2 comments:

feresaknit said...

What a bugger - been there so know its not good. Hope it resolves itself soon. xx

Carrie K said...

[insert encouraging sympathetic helpful words here]. {{{HUGS!}}} I couldn't read after my divorce, which completely freaked me out.

More Than Enough

So, you're watching something online, and it breaks for commercial, and next to the little countdown clock is the message "Send to ...