TNT-ing

For some reason, I found it easy to cross-stitch during Madeleine's ordeal last week.  My two knitting projects were both at shaping points, and concentrating on stuff like that was out of the question.  Ergo:


  White on light blue fabric was not the best choice.  The snow and the sampler-ness, though, called to me.  I'm sure I'll make another one someday.

Then there's 

Another samplery one.  I tend to get very Christmas-inspired after Christmas, and can see many more of these in the future, in lots of colors.

Now, I'm sorry to do this to you, but hopefully you are better at unseeing things than me.  I glanced down at the pattern one day, and, even though I knew those were reindeer, I saw donkeys.  They will, therefore, always be donkeys in my eyes.  Not Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, though.  I tried to watch that once, and couldn't bear the meanness and sadness.  These are As Yet Unnamed Christmas Donkeys.

Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
OK can't unsee donkeys now.

From the Internet:
"Many, many years ago, God used a little donkey to carry Mary to Bethlehem where Jesus would be born in a stable and lay in a manger. Many years later, a donkey would carry Jesus to Jerusalem where He would die upon the cross. God marked the donkey's back with a cross. It stands as a reminder of God's son Jesus, who was born and died for us all."

Source Unknown

Not sure about all those many, many-s but there you go.

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .