Thursday, April 29, 2021

Make, Repair

I made some fingerless gloves out of self-striping yarn, one right after the other, and look how they line up, color-wise:

Unfortunately, the spectrum doesn't continue when the mitts are flipped over:

In other sock yarn news:

Yesterday was spent with plumbers and electricians, trying to diagnose and repair a water heater that wasn't heating water.  It all came down to a loose wire connection.  Still, it was hours of inconvenience and Tap barking and barking and barking.  My water heater is under the house, so Tap was hearing noises coming up through the floor --- as if unknown people in and around the house weren't aggravating and confusing him enough.  It might have been kind of comical if it hadn't gone on so long.
 

 

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Poor Tap! Poor you! At least it is fixed, yes?
Thanks for the cheery card!! Happy Twinster Birthday to you too!

kathy b said...

Fingerless gloves are awesome. I use them so often. In fact, that reminds me that I have to put a pair in my pocket tonight . It is still chilly here, more often than not. fI love the colors Kimi

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.