Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A Couple of Things

A couple of things.  What's all this couple things stuff lately?

Every other Wednesday is Misfits Market day here.  Today, I got a very pretty little cabbage.

Now, it took me a few seconds, but I noticed something unusual here.  Can you make it out?  There at the bottom:


It may not be a cabbage at all.  It may be the top of a Brussels sprouts plant.  We grew some Brussels sprouts in my mother's garden one year, but only one.  She did not like how the plants look;  she said they gave her shudders.

Speaking of Mama, I came across this the other day:
Two things here.  First, I remember this lace very well.  I don't know how many times she knit some and trimmed pillowcases and/or sheets for gifts.  Second, look at that writing.  I wish cursive were still taught.






 

3 comments:

kathy b said...

Finding something my mom wrote makes me so happy. And I love brussel sprouts

Mereknits said...

That note was a little gift to you from your mom. So wonderful to find it. Stay safe.

Kim in Oregon said...

Thanks for your message Twinnie. Having bad side effects after vax #2, and family issues w/ elderly mother and my sister in law's sister being in a horrific car accident. Plus Students. Just tired and wrung out.

More Than Enough

So, you're watching something online, and it breaks for commercial, and next to the little countdown clock is the message "Send to ...