Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Plan(t)ing

This
is our Reading Tree.  When Briton and Hannah began reading in earnest, she and I painted this on one of the hallway walls.  Each time one of us would finish a book, we'd put its name and our initials on a construction paper leaf, and put the leaf on the tree.

I have decided to re-purpose the tree;  I'm going to turn it into a Knitting Tree.  Each time I finish a project, I'll write it down on a piece of construction paper (shape yet to be determined), and put it on the "new" tree.

It's going to be a little sad taking these leaves down, though I know some of them will be saved.  I'll try to keep you updated as the "leaves" "bloom."

4 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

I love the idea of a Reading Tree (am going to share that with my sister), and repurposing as a Knitting Tree will be fun.

kathy b said...

Cool idea! I can't wait to see you tree grow . Our scarf will be part of that tree

Lorette said...

I love the knitting tree! And your reading tree is a great idea for kids. Goodreads in visual form!

camille said...

This is so cool. I'm going to have to do this with my emerging and beginning readers.

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...