Friday, April 6, 2012

Buck Up

It is almost beyond my own ability to comprehend that I cannot seem to get to Nashville.  There is no job keeping me here.  The only thing I have on my calendar is therapy one day a week.  And yet, every single time I think a chance has opened up, something else arises that means I either can't go at all, or could speed up and stay for maybe 2 days before I'd need to get back here.  Briton has a show opening.  Hannah wants to come home.  Hannah has to come home for a doctor's appointment.  Briton can't look after the animals because of work and rehearsal schedules.

I am looking at the last week of April right now.  But I have a sneaking suspicion that will turn into the week that Hannah finishes school and will need help moving back.

I know, I know, all I need to do is put my foot down and say, "I'm going.  Work out your stuff on your own."

But it's hard to say that when you're a mom.

And when the thought of going back to that house ties your stomach into acid-soaked knots.

1 comment:

Laurie (Moo!) said...

How about "I'm the Mom and you're old enough to help out."? Maybe a foot stomp, too?

I know all about the acid in the stomach. I feel guilty if I don't get to the house every other week...but I don't really want to go.

Breaking the Fourth Wall

You take your son to the car dealership to pick up his car, having conversations, then when he goes in to retrieve his keys, and you start l...