Saturday, July 27, 2024

Random Thoughts

I am very, very tired of seeing Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds.  They are everywhere.  Someone please get them back to their respective homes.

While reading recently, I came upon the phrase "loud yelling."  Isn't yelling --- by definition --- loud?  Economy of words, people.

Am I somehow unpatriotic because I'm not watching nor interested in the Olympics?  A few people are trying to make me feel that way.

Y'all know sugar wafers, right?

The crunchy part might very well be made of extremely thin cardboard?  Why am I thinking about them so much lately?

Summer is almost over here.  The beginning and end of Summer is marked by when UGA students leave and when they return.  At least in my mind.  






2 comments:

Araignee said...

I had to watch Deadpool last night just to see what all the fuss was about Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman was and I can say it was not my cup of tea. I do watch the Olympics as background noise. I couldn't tell you who won what. I hate that we only get to see what the Americans are doing. I'd much rather see a mixture of all countries since that's what the Olympics is about.
I agree those sugar wafers must contain some percentage of cardboard. They stick to the roof of you mouth in a most unpleasant way. Having said that, I'd still eat one. They taste like my childhood.

Kim in Oregon said...

I have to say twinnie, I am kind of surprised you don't watch the Olympics since you are a big sports fan. I don't watch it at all, I get bored with the focus on American athletes and the focus on backstories as opposed to competition.

I remember loving those little cardboard confections and would eat an entire package right now if they were available.