Thursday, May 9, 2024

Knowing

 Welcome to Miss Kim's seminar on gallbladder health.


You'll notice that the gallbladder (which here looks like either a pear or some type of pepper, depending --- I suppose --- on one's dietary preference) has a duct which leads into the small intestine.  When the gallbladder is removed, the path through that bile duct can change.  The things that need to move through can't very easily, and may form into gallstones.

They can also --- and this is my favorite part --- turn into sludge.  "Sludge" as a diagnosis is fabulous, don't you think?  Since I haven't had even a twinge since the ER night, the doctor says everything is probably cleaned out, and I may never have another problem.  On the far end of Possibilities, if pain does return, an MRI will probably be in order and maybe surgery.

So, kind of another shrug on what the precise issue is.  A relief, I guess, but since I haven't had a bit of trouble since that night, I wasn't nervous or concerned, really.  The doctor and all the people who helped me navigate a medical center I'd never been in were very nice.

I drove back home in heavy rain, put on comfortable clothes, and started weaving in more ends on the scarf.

That ends today's session.  Check your syllabi for your next reading assignment;  there may be a quiz on the material.  Have a good one.


1 comment:

Araignee said...

Oh, dear....I get painful twinges from time to time where my gallbladder used to be. I had never heard of sludge but I don't like the sound of it. I try to stay as vegan as I can but....cheese. I'm down to one teeny tiny slice of low fat provolone a day for lunch. Isn't that just sad.

Nice Day

Went to Atlanta for a postponed Mother's Day day today.   First stop:  H Mart .  Completely overwhelming.  We stuck to pre-packaged thin...