Tuesday, March 12, 2024

1 - 13

1.  The Alphabet in My Hands  by Marjorie Agosin.  (She spent some of her teen years here in Athens.)

2.  Barkley  by Timothy Bella. (Not as good as it could have been, considering how entertaining Charles Barkley is.)

3.  Shattered Love  by Richard Chamberlain. (Are any of you watching the new "Shogun"?)

4.  Deaf Utopia  by Nyle DiMarco. (Apparently, he was a " Dancing with the Stars" contestant.)

5.  The Hilliker Curse by James Elroy. (Probably my least favorite of all 26.  Interesting premise --- the roots of his relationships with women* --- but, no.)

6.  In Pieces by Sally Field. (I like Sally Field**, but this was a bit content-shallow.)

7.  My Story  by Ava Gardner.  (I also read Ava Gardner: The Private Conversations , and  slightly preferred the first.)

8.  There is Nothing for You Here  by Fiona Hill.  (I was so impressed with her testimony before Congress, and continue to be impressed on reading her story.)

9.  Ishi in Two Worlds  by Theodora Kroeber. (I talked about it when I was reading it.  I'd still teach out of it if I could.)

10.  Vernon Can Read!  by Vernon Jordan. (Again, a little disappointing, but the stories of his youth were particularly good.)

11.  The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr.  (If nothing else, read it for his account of the "Letter from the Birmingham Jail.")

12.  A History of Scars by Laura Lee. (You know those books that so many people " could just die for," but you wouldn't?  This is one.)

13.  One of the Fortunate Few by Diana Hendricks. (I love, love Delbert McClinton's music, and this gave me good insights on it, start to present.)



*Again, social psychologist here.

**I really like her!

No comments:

So Picky

It appears that a couple of my pets are ichthyosnobs.  Tap's fondness for sardines has been covered here, as I think, has Maddie's a...