A Day of Favorite Things

It's cool enough here that I've been able to break out my first hoodie of the season.  Sweatshirt fleece is, exponentially, my favorite fabric.  Keep your silk and satins --- give me some fleece any day.

The slight chill means turning on the heat, which delivers that wonderful smell of dust burning off the coils.  I'm not sure if my love for that scent is it on its own, or whether it registers as a harbinger of Fall and Winter.  Sweatshirt fleece weather, you know.

Though this house is surrounded predominantly by pine trees, on walks with Tap, I'm noticing the occasional fallen red/orange/yellow leaves.  Again, all of these things can be conflated;  not sure which came first.

Naturally, I've spent the weekend watching football.  It was Game Day here yesterday, specifically a night game.  Traffic was moving by the house until crazy late.  Other than bars (!), I don't know what else would have been open to keep people here so long.  I can only think of three restaurants that would usually have been open then.

Easy week on the way.  Next week things will pick up, though.

Comments

Dee said…
Yay fall!Finally some cool weather.
Kim in Oregon said…
Next week is the *big* game though!
Was it homecoming or anything like that over the weekend? Or parents weekend?
kmkat said…
I love col/cold weather, too. Guess I live in the right place!

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .