Sunday, December 11, 2022

Luxury

I've been knitting hats to give the UPS, FedEx, and Amazon drivers that bring us stuff year-round.  Even though I don't knit them on double-points, hats usually go fairly quickly for me.  Last night, a new one went on the needles, using a pattern for the second time, and I found out that, even though there are exactly the same number of stitches as the first one, this 3x3 ribbing is going so much faster than the 2x2 I did before.  Why is that?  Also, this one is in mohair, so the time saved on the ribbing is probably being taken up with stopping to squeeze the yarn now and again.  Mohair feels so good, doesn't it?

Another photo find: a two-year-old Briton with his first pair of boots.  Snakeskin.  Granddad did not play around.

2 comments:

Dee said...

That is such a kind thing to do.

My dad was a UPS driver for 23 years, but he drove the tractor-trailers so he didn't get to meet the customers. I know he would have loved a hat!

kmkat said...

What a great idea to knit hats for those people, typically guys, who deliver through all kinds of weather! (Understandabl, ours do not attempt our driveway hill in winter, preferring to leave packages by the shed at the top.

Thrills are Sometimes Small

 Y'aaaall.  I got some Christmas crafting paper today and  my nails are nice and long. It's a nice day.