Monday, October 3, 2022

One a Day

You're supposed to laugh at least once a day.  A health thing, I suppose,  I remember reading somewhere that crying is laundering the soul, laughing is dry cleaning it.


 Are you also supposed to learn something each day?  'Cause I just did: 

The plural of octopus isn't octopi.  (Oh, the times I have erred.)  The reason is because the word octopus is Greek, and the plural i is Latin.  And the two aren't supposed to mix, I guess?  Anyway, the correct plural is apparently octopodes. Fact learned.



.

1 comment:

kmkat said...

I remember reading that about the plural of octopus, too. But I didn't remember the correct plural. Thanks!

Oh My Goodness

 My daughter just sent me to the  American Dream Nut Butter  site. (She has always been able to discover THE coolest things.)  On a lark, I ...