Wednesday, February 2, 2022

DIY

An audience question came in about my hiccups fit.  Specifically, the question was about how I stopped it.  The answer, Dear Reader, is that this time I just let it run its course.  It was that thing where there are enough seconds in between the individual hiccups that you think you're done, but you're not.  Very irritating when you're trying to get those nails done.

Breath-holding and water-drinking have never worked for me.  The only thing that has ever worked is letting a spoon of suger dissolve im my mouth slowly.  It was taught to me by my 6th grade PE teacher, Mrs. Koenig.  Now, understand, the sugar hasn't always worked, but more times than not it has. 

Yes, of course that's sugar!  What are you thinking?

When I was pregnant with Briton, he got the hiccups fairly frequently.  There are a lot of fun sensations when you're pregnant, and that was one of my favorites.


3 comments:

kayT said...

Sugar works for me too and I don't have to let it dissolve, I just eat it. I've been told hiccups are basically indigestion and the sugar neutralizes the acid or something.

KSD said...

Hooray; another person who knows the Sugar Cure! I've never come across anyone else who's ever heard of it, much less used it.

kathy b said...

I cannot be1ieve you brought this up. I was JUST thinking of my babies moving inside me. A1's birthday is coming up. I 1oved those days.

So Picky

It appears that a couple of my pets are ichthyosnobs.  Tap's fondness for sardines has been covered here, as I think, has Maddie's a...