Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Little Surprises

Advent calendars are favorite things around here.  For a couple of years, I bought myself a yarn/project one from Jimmy Beans Wool, and the last one came like this:

It struck me last year that I could make my own calendar by filling those drawers with little treats throughout the year.  I've been opening one a day, and among the favorite things I squirreled away for myself were two pins from The Clever Clove.  First, a yarn shop that could not be any cuter:

 and then a knitter:

I don't know how much time you spend thinking about cattle, but if you do, and if you're like me, you think Scottish Highlands are too, too, too pretty.

It's been fun, and I honestly had forgotten every single thing I put in.







4 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Are those----hedgehogs?

kayT said...

What a lovely idea, and of course one would forget what all was in there over the year. And those pins are too cute! I especially like the knitting cow one (I grew up on a cattle farm and helped raise cattle and showed them at the county fair.) Thanks for showing them to us, and isn't this just the perfect year to have treated yourself?

Bridget said...

I adore the Clever Clove pins! I had not seen the yarn shop one - that is adorable!

If you filled it up early enough and are anything like me, every single box would be a surprise. :-)

kathy b said...

What a fantastic idea! my goofy father, I'll put that nicely, Bought Scotthish Highlander Cattle and kept them on some guys farm in wisconsin. As I recall he lost his shirt. THey were cute though

First Nose, Then Fish

As cute as the entire piece is, I doubt that any part of the Starry Night Bunny will enchant me more than this single stitch in peach: Look ...