Tuesday, February 25, 2020

To the Store

I am not a shopper.  I'm a buyer, but not a shopper.  I cannot go into a store and just walk around, cannot go to a mall to "window shop."  There are two exceptions: yarn and cowboy boots.  Those I can look at for good whiles.  Otherwise, I only go into a store if I know what I'm going to get.  I get it, maaaybe pick up some other stuff if I happen across it, then get out.

Today I went to Barnes & Noble looking for a jigsaw puzzle.  Hannah had been working on one the last time I went to see her, and I've had that bee in my bonnet ever since,  I had already been to a couple of other places I thought might have puzzles, but to no avail.  Are Hannah and I the only ones who work puzzles anymore?  I did muster the patience to go through all the shelves, and this is the one I brought home:

ANYway, I went to the crafts section of Magazines, and. . .  What has happened to knitting magazines?  Only Interweave and Noro were on the shelf.  Now, B&N honestly is the only place in town I know of that stocks knitting magazines on the regular, and I hope this isn't a permanent state.  Do most of you still have access to knitting magazines?

3 comments:

kathy b said...

I just checked my library which used to carry KnitSimple and Interweave but no more.......

Kim in Oregon said...

I can get patterns I want individually, and the general blah blah blah that magazines do in addition to patterns isn't really of interest to me. So no I don't do magazines any more twinnie, sorry.

kathy b said...

I meant to tell you that there are tons of puzzles in two toy shops up here in Lake Geneva. IF you could what kind of scene would you pick?

What to Do, What to Do

A new hank of fingering weight from a new source,   Barnyard Knits .  You know I love a slub.* It's too pretty to use for socks, which w...