Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Roller Coaster

A huge "Thank You" to those of you who have mentioned the contests on your blogs or in facebook posts.  It's pretty slim pickin's right now as far as nominees go: 26 men, 30 women.  Hopefully, there'll be a last-minute surge and we'll be able to have a robust tournament.

Robin Williams' suicide is still ricocheting between my gut and heart.  Partly because I loved him as an entertainer, partly because I have also been to the point of just wanting it all over with.  There have been several good essays about depression and suicide in the last two days, but the clearest description of what depression does to you is in this video.  I shared it on facebook, too, so if you saw it there, you needn't re-watch.


No comments:

So Picky

It appears that a couple of my pets are ichthyosnobs.  Tap's fondness for sardines has been covered here, as I think, has Maddie's a...