Sunday, April 16, 2017

Babes

Hooray;  baby giraffe has arrived!
Next to his parents, he looks almost like a toy, but when you put him next to anything else, you realize his size.  He's already taller than me: 5'9".

There's a naming contest for him.  I submitted "Reveille," as his arrival trumpeted us all awake yesterday.  That came to me as I was tumbling names around in my head.  His sire's name is Oliver, which, backward --- revilo --- brought Reveille to mind.

Babies are also front and center knitting-wise.  Two people in my orbit are expecting --- one having a boy, the other a girl.  I'm going with basics just now --- burp cloths, wash cloths, etc.  There's a little time yet in both pregnancies, so there's time to decide on the fancier things.  This is my first knitwear model, now waiting to be a big brother.  Time does fly.



2 comments:

  1. I just finished the darling In Threes Cardigan for Gin -- using some of the Tosh Vintage that you sent me!! (Thank you!! xoxo)(There's enough for another, perhaps in a larger size... or something altogether different.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that hat is adorable on that baby model! Love your name Oliver backwards!!!!

    ReplyDelete

In Order

FIRST.   You're all being quite kind and selfless by "disqualifying" yourselves from Countdown Contest prizes once you've...