Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Hats In Hand

 The day after the Women's March on Washington, DC, I had an idea.  I would make some of the cat ear hats thousands were wearing, and make them available in my etsy shop.  They aren't all hot pink (because hot pink yarn is in short supply here), and they aren't for women only, and every cent of the purchase price + shipping charges will be donated to the charity of the buyer's choice.

I've been knitting lots of cat ear hats.  One person, on receiving hers, immediately ordered three more.  Fortunately, my credo at hand eye is that I will never make two things the same.  That means that there's enough variation in every hat I make that I don't get bored.

The hats have brought the Blankapalooza sewing together to a screeching halt.  I've got a center square maybe 24" x 24" done;  I'll get back to it, I promise.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I love that they are a hit!

kathy b said...

I'm thrilled for you . Great idea. Great variations. HOw FUN!!!

Vera said...

So fun! Glad they are such a hit for you.

What I Heard

For (probably) longer than I should have, I thought that piece of furniture was a "chester drawers." I once went bed frame shoppin...