Sunday, August 7, 2016

Projects

I'm already hearing from some of you regarding your Hunk and Chick nominees.  As usual, there are some remarkable choices.  I don't know how many times in these nine (!) years I've seen someone's nominee and said to myself, "Why didn't I think of that?  It's so obvious!"

One of the square hats I made is going to Harry's Hundred.  I like the two-sided-ness of this one.  There was enough of the grey yarn to make a scarf, so I've moved on to that.  These are acrylic yarns, and have good heft to them;  they should keep someone quite warm.


The socks I'm working on are almost done;  I turned the heel on the second one this afternoon.  Here is the first:
Kind of a wonky picture;  sorry.  Again, using baby yarn.  It's almost always substantially cheaper than sock yarn, it wears well, and it can survive lots of machine washings.  This is a new pattern for me.  The construction of the sock is nice, but my stitch count was way off at the heel.  Why is still a mystery.

3 comments:

  1. I love square hats (and love that one will be for HH!). And the colors on the sock are lovely - very calming, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that square hat! And I love Harry's hundred

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done- as usual! I always say that about the nominees when I see them too! So I'm always happy with any winner because I love them all! Bring on the games! Olympics have nothing on the KH and the KC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pictures, and This

When you and your daughter go to see your son and her brother in his play, you want to take a picture of them.  You mention this to them, a...