Thursday, July 7, 2016

This World, Our World

The world is overwhelming me today.  Loss and grief and anger and helplessness are tumbling around in my brain.  They are so loud and so painful.  They are standing in the way of my being able to think clearly, to make sense of it all, or at least to make some sort of constructive peace with it.

My mother would have said that this type of day is given to us so that we may build Christian character.  But when the only action you can take is curling up quietly in your safe little house in your safe little neighborhood, you feel cowardice, not character, growing within.

Today is a tough day.  Tomorrow will be, too.  My brain, and my heart, are going to have to decide where to go next, and how to get there.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Sending hugs! Hope that the coming days will improve for you.

kathy b said...

More hugs. One day at a time

What I Heard

For (probably) longer than I should have, I thought that piece of furniture was a "chester drawers." I once went bed frame shoppin...