Friday, April 22, 2016

"Aaaaarrgghh," or "Ack," or Whatever Comic Strip Characters are Saying These Days

The wrap I've been test-knitting was claimed as a bed by one of the cats overnight.  (Rupert is in the clear, because he doesn't take the time to claw and tangle and wreck stitches like a cat.)

  The guilty feline made herself quite a little nest of what was becoming, very quickly, this:
The Piret Scarf, by my friend Kelli Slack.  Although I can't be sure, the yarn in this photo looks very much like the yarn I am/was using.  It vary subtly shades from grey through pewter to a silver, and they all sort of glisten, due to the tencel in the yarn.  I was enjoying making this, as there are written instructions --- I'm hopeless with charts.

I did that thing where you start unravelling very carefully, thinking, "Maybe I can save this," then move into, "I should be able to pick it up somewhere in here," to just all-out ripping.  And, maybe cursing.  There may have been cursing.

Thankfully, I have both an easy hat and a favorite cardigan on the needles, so  I can make progress with something.  But I'm going back to the Piret.  Don't doubt that for a second.  I'll just have to tighten up security a little.


3 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I would be sobbing. Lace is so difficult for me to handle. I put all my yarns and wips under tight wraps. Fezzik is awful about it all. As for going back to get it on the needles , I can't do that either. ITs just a do over at that time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That kitty needs to go in time out for sure. Such a pretty pattern, too. I agree, it's really hard to fix lace with all the yarn overs.

    ReplyDelete

Pictures, and This

When you and your daughter go to see your son and her brother in his play, you want to take a picture of them.  You mention this to them, a...