Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Things I Did Last Week

1. Lost my last uncle-by-blood --- my mother's baby brother, Tommy.

2.  Visited my parents' graves

3.  Went to Stitches South

4.  Met up with a grade school/high school friend I hadn't seen in 25+ years.

5.  Had my regular room service breakfast of Eggs Benedict.

6.  Played a LOT of Coin Dozer on my Nook.

7.  Made more toys for Davis House and Elephants Remember Joplin.  That was the only knitting I took with me.

8.  Watched a woman pay $405 for yarn for one shawl.

9.  Managed to keep my sanity despite my hotel room having a round table NOT centered under a round light fixture.

10.  Resisted buying cowboy boots.  (Well, they didn't have the kind I wanted in my size, but still. . .)

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh resisted cowboy boots! wowza. Change in Karma for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. $405 for one shawl's yarn? Holy crap! Actually it makes me remember shopping with a girlfriend and she stopped at one of those carts in the mall that sells fancy hair do-dads for little girls. She spent over $300 on hair clips while I quietly died inside as I stood next to her. I couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9!!!! Nooooo!!!
    #10- it's a victory (of sorts) since you didn't order them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8- what?!? Was it huge? Gold plated? Diamond encrusted? Wow! Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Pictures, and This

When you and your daughter go to see your son and her brother in his play, you want to take a picture of them.  You mention this to them, a...