Monday, September 22, 2014

State Line

While the contests were going on, my life was lurching along.  There've been 4 changes in my medications over those weeks;  my depression has been spelled with all capitals.

Knitting went on, though.  I've built quite a collection of mini-skeins of yarn, and decided to use some to make a fairly simple cowl.  

For some reason, as I was making it, calling it "Arkansas" popped into my mind.  Anything I'm going to sell on etsy I give a name, and "Arkansas" worked.  The stripes led me to think of "state line."  So, very on-the-spot, and completely unexpectedly, I decided to use the mini-skeins to make a "line" of items, each named after a "state."  So far, I've made "Idaho" handwarmers, a "Washington" scarf, and am working on an "Oklahoma" wrap.

I can't explain it.  Sometimes things just come to you, you know?

3 comments:

  1. Love the scarf... and I'm sorry to hear that your depression is all caps again (still?). I wish there were something I could do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the depression. (Meds have taken care of mine for 25 years, thank FSM.) I love your state line names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the med change is making you very creative!!!! Good luck honey. Something will work….keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

Nostalgia

Since being laid up with these infernal ribs, I've had time to reflect on a few things.  First, Monday is the worst day to try and get ...